ALL RULES WILL BE FOLLOWED OR YOU WILL NOT RUN. Judges decisions are FINAL!!!
- Any questions, Phillip at 307-679-5207. If these rules or a phone call to us, if the rules does not say you can do it THEN DON’T. We can’t stress enough to call first.
- Any American make car can run with the following exceptions; No 2003 or newer FoMoCo frames, 4x4s, ambulance, hearses, limousines, etc…
- All drivers and pit crew must sign the driver/waiver paperwork or they will not drive in the event.
- Driver must wear a Seat Belt, Helmet, and a Fire Resistant Jacket.
- All Drivers and ONE crew member must attend the drivers meeting.
- No hot rodding in the pits, keep it at an idle. This will be the quickest way to be DISQUALIFIED.
- No drivers or crew are allowed alcohol – period. If you are wearing a driver’s or pit wrist band and drinking any form of Alcohol –(YOU AND YOUR TEAM) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Cars can and will be re-inspected before any prize money is paid out. The cars will be re-inspected by the Event hosts, everyone else will stay back until cars are deemed to be legal.
- All cars must be stock, unless modification is stated in the rules.
- All glass, plastic, chrome, and interior must be removed from car before arriving to the derby.
- All trailer hitches and braces must be removed.
- 105” maximum wheelbase no four wheel drive. Use general rules for building
- You must have a number in Bright colors on each front door and must have a 15”x15” sign on the roof of your car with car number on it for judging and recognition of the car. You cannot use the roof sign to strengthen the car.
- All cars must have working brakes when inspected, and before entering the arena. If the car is not able to exhibit the ability to stop it will not be allowed to participate.
- NO welding other than what is mentioned in this set of rules. If your car is found with any weld, other than what is allowed, and you refuse to fix it to the judge’s satisfaction, you and your car or team will not run!!
- You must have an air cleaner over the carburetor all at times during the event.
- Anything can be removed; NOTHING can be added. Other than what is specified in the rules
After Market parts that are allowed: Metal Gas tank, Transmission cooler, fuel cooler, brake & gas pedal, shifter, battery box, steering column up to the steering box, drive line, driveline brake, lower saddle cradle, motor, transmission bells, rear ends, seat and seat belt devices (harnesses etc.)
Driver safety equipment
All drivers must wear closed-toed shoes and pants. Shorts/sandals will NOT be permitted.
Long sleeve shirts and gloves are recommended. The use of fire-retardant clothing is also recommended.
A DOT approved closed-faced safety helmet is MANDATORY. If this equipment falls off during the derby, you may be DISQUALIFIED. Face shields, goggles, or safety glasses are recommended.
At a minimum, a lap-safety belt is MANDATORY. If a safety belt becomes unsecured or fails during the derby, you may be DISQUALIFIED. A shoulder harness is recommended.
Fire extinguishers are optional, but if they are used, they MUST be mounted SECURELY!
Windshield/Rear Window Openings
1. For safety, all windshield openings May have (2) bars welded vertically in front of the driver.
2. For safety, rear window openings May have up to (2) bars welded vertically in the window frame only. These bars must start and end within 2” of the rear window opening and can NOT extend onto the trunk.
3. Material for windshield/rear windows can NOT exceed 1″ in diameter/width (rod, pipe, tubing, etc.).
The driver door MUST be welded. It MUST also be reinforced for driver safety by a 4-Point Cage or Door Brace. Safety reinforcements must be contained within the passenger compartment ONLY. The only exceptions are the Halo bar and Outside Door Brace. Safety reinforcements may be welded to the FLOORBOARD ONLY. To increase strength and safety, Drivers may utilize end plates where the pipe or tubing meets the floorboard. End plates can be a maximum of 6” X 6” in size and up to 1/4″ in thickness. All safety reinforcements must be constructed WITH A MAXIMUM OF 4” diameter pipe or 4” square tubing.
4-Point Cage – The 4-Point Cage may be constructed with a maximum of (4) vertical posts, (1) bar across the dash area, (2) bars across both the driver and passenger doors, and (2) bars across the rear seat area no more than 12” behind the driver seat [(1) of the rear seat bars must be no more than 12” above the floorboard].
Door braces – The Door Brace may be constructed with (1) door bar slanted upward across the driver door and (1) rear seat bar slanted downward to the passenger rear floorboard no more than 12” behind driver seat.
- Halo bar – Halo bar or roll-over protection is MANDATORY. They may be routed inside or over the roof of the vehicle and can be welded to the 4-Point Cage or Door Brace. Drivers can choose to place the Halo Bar in the forward-most portion of the bed and weld it directly to the frame (one point on each side) with no added metal. If placed in the bed, slanted support bars may be added extending downward to the bed floor or forward side of the wheelhousing (not attached to frame) similar to a factory roll-bar. At no time will they be placed further back than the forward-most side of the wheelhousing.
- Outside Door Brace – An Outside Door Brace may be used instead, but they are NOT RECOMMENDED. It can NOT extend more than 12” past the front and rear door seams. The use of “Grader Blade” material as an Outside Door Brace is allowed, but it is NOT RECOMMENDED!
- A gas tank protector is not required but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If adding a gas tank protector to your vehicle’s cage/brace, it may not be attached to nor touching any portion of the body metal.